The Easter bunny comes to Carolina Place on Saturday for the 2012 Spring Family Festival. Festival activities include a Radio Disney dance party, arts and crafts, face painting, and a scavenger hunt and giveaways from Sesame Street Live.
With a little help magical help from Zelnik the Magician (and a mystery guest), the Easter bunny is scheduled to arrive at Carolina Place at 10 a.m. to kick off his three-week stay at the mall. Immediately after his arrival, children will parade to the Easter Bunny photo set; the Easter bunny will pose with children for Easter portraits through April 7.
Other highlights of the day include:
· Arts and crafts, including spring paper lanterns and paper pets to wear on your wrist, compliments of Small Hands, Big Art.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
· A special Sesame Street Live Easter scavenger hunt. This will send kids on a search throughout the mall for Sesame Street character photos placed on participating storefront windows. Kids must keep track of all locations and then turn in their entries for a drawing at the end; the winner will receive tickets to see a performance of Sesame Street Live at Bojangles’ Coliseum from March 30 to April 1.
· A DJ from Radio Disney will play music and organize dances, games and giveaways.
· Face painting by Nanabelle.
· Modeling of spring lines of kids’ clothing from several mall retailers, including Crazy 8, Naartjie Kids, Gymboree, The Children’s Place and Lands’ End from Sears.
All activities run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. throughout the mall, with most events at Center Court.
The Easter Bunny will be at the mall for photos from March 17 to April 7 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and from noon to 6 p.m. Sundays.
The mall plans to organize more than 50 family friendly events this year, including holiday activities, movie nights and back-to-school events. For more information about 2012 events, including the mall’s Family Fun Day twice each month, go to the website, visit the Facebook page, or call 704-542-4111.