Coconut oil is a plant-based fat that works well beyond the kitchen:
▪ Apply a small amount of coconut oil to a cotton ball to remove eye makeup
▪ Tame dry, frizzy hair by rubbing a small amount on your head and smoothing over untamed locks. For even more conditioning, add more oil and leave in your hair and then shampoo to lock in the moisture.
▪ Use for dry skin and dry lips. (Some reports suggest coconut oil can help with wrinkles.)
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Shave with it.
▪ Combine coconut oil and sugar for a moisturizing body scrub.
▪ Shine leather goods and furniture around the house. Test a small section first just to be sure.
▪ Use as a fire starter.
▪ Combine coconut oil and white vinegar to keep spiders away.