With September around the corner, here are some tips to make your fall budget friendly:
▪ National Breakfast Month. Local retailers will offer deals and coupons on everything from cereal to frozen breakfast items. This week Bi-Lo is offering a free gallon of milk with the purchase of four participating breakfast items.
▪ National California Wine Month. Since harvest is in full swing, take advantage of bulk discounts and try online wine retailers such as lastbottlewines.com, which offer one wine per day, free shipping and often deeply discounted deals.
▪ Talk Like a Pirate Day. Get out your eye patch, parrot and pirate hook and get a free doughnut at Krispy Kreme on Sept. 19. Rules aarrg simple. Talk like a pirate and get a free doughnut. Dress like a pirate with at least three items (eye patch, pirate hat, red or black pirate flag, bandanna, peg leg, parrot on shoulder, pirate shirt/loose white shirt, silver and gold necklaces and earrings or pirate hook) and get a free dozen doughnuts.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ International Coffee Day. Look for coffee deals on Sept. 29 from McDonald’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme and Starbucks.
▪ Looking for a new car? Auto manufacturers are starting to roll out the 2016 models, so look now to get deals on new 2015 models.