Great ways to use aluminum foil when you’re in a pinch:
▪ Sharpen scissors by cutting several pieces of foil. Fold the aluminum in half at least twice for best results.
▪ Make rearranging furniture easier by placing non-shiny side of foil under the feet.
▪ Fold aluminum foil into a quickie funnel.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Wrap doorknobs in aluminum foil to avoid a paint mishap. Line the roller pan with several layers of foil for faster clean up.
▪ When storing used wool scouring pads, place them on a piece of crumbled foil to avoid rusting.
▪ Do your pets love lying on your couch as much as you do? Try laying pieces of foil across it as a deterrent.
▪ Make your own hard taco shells by laying a soft tortilla sprayed with cooking spray over a ball of aluminum foil and bake.
▪ Keep birds out of your young trees by tying strips of aluminum foil to the thin branches.
▪ Balled-up aluminum foil makes a great tool to clean off your grill grate.