Selling items online isn’t new, but there are two new apps that can make it easier: Letgo and Wallapop. Both are free on GooglePlay and the iTunes store, are very user friendly and provide a local marketplace. Registration is made simple by using your Facebook login. Since transactions are local, there’s no shipping and handling.
Here are five tips when selling your items online:
1. Write a good ad. The title should include the name of the item and price. The ad should provide specific details about the item, including any imperfections and age.
2. Know what your item is worth. Do your research on sites eBay or Craigslist to value your item properly.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. Prepare the item. Be sure it is clean and repaired. Include orginal packaging if possible.
4. Use good photos. Be sure the image is in focus and big enough to see the item clearly.
5. Provide your contact information. But be safe. Do not list your home address. Cell phone number and email addresses will work best.