The Deal Diva’s 101 on Black Friday:
Top Black Friday tips
1. Don’t buy a TV. The deals are tempting, but most experts agree you’ll find better deals the week before the Super Bowl.
2. Wait to buy toys. You’ll see deeper sales the two weeks before Christmas. The exception is if you’re trying to score the season’s hottest toys: Disney’s Frozen Elsa Talking Glow Doll, the Lego Minecraft Village Set or the Doc McStuffins Mobile Clinic.
3. If you’re looking for an Apple product, go to Walmart or Best Buy to get better deals.
4. Wear comfortable shoes, be patient and take a friend so you can double-team and shop two areas of a store at one time.
5. Take your phone and use apps RetailmeNot and Twitter to score the best deals.
Get real-time Black Friday deals at charlotteobserver.com/business.