Your smartphone could be your best shopping buddy. A recent study found that 86 percent of shoppers use their phone while shopping, mostly to compare prices and look up product reviews.
Great shopping apps:
• Google Keep: Free way to create and organize your holiday lists, from gifts to buy, food to make, events to attend.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
• Twitter and Facebook: Follow the Twitter and Facebook accounts of your favorite stores for late-breaking deals and coupon offers.
• RetailMeNot: Get coupons and online coupon codes.
• Smoopa: Scan an item’s bar code and Smoopa will compare it to online prices.
• Consumr: Scan the bar code and Consumr will find product reviews. Submit your own review and earn rewards.
• Wal-Mart Savings Catcher: Part of the Wal-Mart app, it will give you an e-gift card if it finds an item you bought at Wal-Mart cheaper elsewhere.
• Flipp: Carry sale fliers from more than 300 stores right on your phone. You can also create shopping lists and share deals with family and friends via Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.
• Tadd Car Finder: Ever leave a store and forget where you car is? Using your GPS location, this free app can locate your car. Available only for iPhone.