So the big game is here, and I can’t believe how fast the NFL football season flew by. Seems like yesterday that we were talking Panther training camp and now the season is almost over.No matter where you go, or who you are with, every Super Bowl gathering will have the super star of the partychicken wings. No doubt there will be the classic hot sauce and butter version; (which are making my mouth water with the mere mention) but how about serving up a Hail Mary to your family and friends.If you want to create a great chicken wing debate bring another version (or two). Here are a couple recipes, whether grilled, fried or baked these wing recipes are a sure way to bring some variety to the table.For more recipes visit www.cheftroy.net and be sure to watch Troy every Tuesday morning on WCCB News Rising from 7-9 am.
Asian BBQ Chicken Wings
Sauce 1 Cup-Hosin Sauce
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3 Tablespoons-Korean Chili Paste (Gochujang)
¼ Cup-Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon-Fish Sauce
3 Tablespoons-Lime Juice
2 Cloves-Garlic-Crushed into a paste
To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
3 Tablespoons-Brown Sugar
To Garnish-Green Onion Tops-sliced thin
To Garnish-White/Black Sesame SeedsWings 5 Pounds-Chicken Wings – Cut into two pieces leaving tip intact
To Taste- Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
Optional-Asian Chili Pepper PowderDirections1. Combine all ingredients for sauce and let at room temperature.
2. Preheat fryer/pot fitted with a thermometer to 365 degrees.
3. Drain wings, pat dry and season with salt/pepper/Asian Chili Powder.
4. Fry in batches until golden brown and cook through, about 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove wings, drain off excess oil and toss with just enough sauce to coat.
6. To serve, place on a large serving platter, garnish with sesame seeds and green onion. Dry Rub Chicken Wings 5 Pounds-Chicken Wings-cut into 2 sections
To Taste-Chef Troy Back Rub-or your favorite rub
To Fry-Canola Oil-about 2 quartsSauce 1 Cup-Ketchup
1 Cup-Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons-Chef Troy’s Back RubDirections1. Mix all ingredients for sauce together to combine, store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Fill fryer or large stock halfway with canola oil and heat to 365 degrees.
3. Cook in batches until internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 12 to 14 minutes.
4. Remove and immediately season generously with back rub to taste.
5. Serve with Back Rub sauce on the side.