Spring holidays provide options for seaside bonding. Here are five beach destinations to consider:
1. Terranea Resort and Spa, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. Perched above the Pacific on 102 acres, the stunning views from this oceanfront oasis (www.terranea.com) are reason enough for a visit. Check in and enjoy sea kayaking, strolling along the Discovery Trail, the Tide Pool Kids Club and a kid-friendly resort pool. There are plenty of family dining options on property, and the grown-ups might want to enjoy a romantic evening and take in the views from Mar’sel. A seaside spa and fitness facility provide coastal-inspired wellness options.
2. The Resort at Longboat Key Club, Longboat Key, Fla. Soak up the sun during your stay at this 410-acre beachfront playground near Sarasota (www.longboatkeyclub.com). Book the Up Your Game package for unlimited afternoon golf on either of two top-notch courses, use of stand-up paddle boards, kayaks or boogie boards as well as unlimited tennis in the highly regarded Tennis Garden.
Enjoy yoga on the beach, nature walks and the option to enroll the kids in Camp Loggerhead.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Maui, Hawaii. More than 1,000 years ago, adventuresome Polynesians were guided to the Hawaiian Islands with the help of the star-filled night sky. Now you and your family can head to the rooftop of the hotel (www.maui.hyatt.com) to learn the ancient way of navigating during a unique tour led by the resort’s director of astronomy.
The Ultimate Maui Family Vacation package also includes luau tickets, hula lessons, dolphin watching, snorkeling, an SUV rental and more.
4. Galapagos Islands. Have you seen a blue-footed booby? This unique spring break tour (www.rowadventures.com) offers the opportunity to learn about the unusual creatures that inhabit the islands. Your adventure includes beach camping inside Galapagos National Park with overnights in locally run eco-lodges. Activities include kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, exploring local towns and learning about the storied landscape and wildlife. Ask about special air incentives.
5. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. The Palms (www.thepalmstc.com) offers 72 suites in a resort setting just steps from the white sand beaches and crystal clear waters of Grace Bay. Expect free paddle board, kayaking, windsurfing and snorkeling lessons. Kids can also learn to sail or meet other kids in the Conch Critters Club. Nearby, Beaches (www.beaches.com) offers an all-inclusive option where families can choose from a wide range of water sports, dining establishments, nature outings and entertainment.