While visiting our Charlotte Observer Top Workplaces last fall, we caught up with associate Victoria Stroman of Jack Henry & Associates.
The banking software and information technology company ranked No. 3 among midsize companies on our Top Workplaces list last year.
Stroman explained how colleagues quickly became family when she started with the company a decade ago.
“They were my support when I came,” said Stroman, a New Yorker who had only one family member in Charlotte for support.
Once hired, she soon felt welcome: “It’s very family and very warm-feeling.”
She wrote about her feelings on the Jack Henry culture as part of a company-wide contest celebrating the firm’s 40th anniversary.
“I was so excited to land a job where they seemed interested in who I was,” she wrote. “I started work two days before Valentine’s Day. I was presented with a handwritten “WELCOME VICKY” sign on my desk. It was heartfelt – I literally got emotional.”
“...I love the selflessness.”
She wound up being named one of five company winners, winning a trip to the Missouri headquarters to meet and dine with top executives.
“I love Jack Henry,” Stroman says. “You can never have enough support here. Everybody is just open and willing to...help you with anything you need.”
Does your workplace share a similar family culture? If so, tell us about it. Nominate your employer for recognition through the Charlotte Observer’s third annual Top Workplaces report.
Go online to nominate today: www.charlotteobserver.com/nominate. The deadline is April 14.
Nominate your company to be a 2017 Top Workplace
▪ Any organization in the Charlotte metro area with 35 or more employees can participate. Eligible counties are Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg and Union in North Carolina, and Lancaster and York in South Carolina.
▪ To nominate a company, go to www.charlotteobserver.com/nominate.
▪ For more information, call 704-954-8760.
▪ Nominations are due Friday, April 14.
▪ To see last year’s winners, go to www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/top-workplaces/.