More apartments could be built soon on West Morehead Street, adding to a mini-boom that’s transforming the corridor just south of uptown.
Records show that a developer has filed preliminary plans for a four-story, 212-unit apartment complex on W. Morehead between McNinch and Cedar streets. According to the plans, the apartments would include a two-level parking deck and “the potential for some ground level commercial.”
The 2.8-acre parcel is owned by an affiliate of Wilmington-based apartment developer Tribute Companies. Owner Mark Maynard, Sr., couldn’t be reached Monday.
The new apartments would be the latest growth in a boomlet along Morehead Street.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
▪ Beacon Partners is building a seven-story office tower at 500 E. Morehead.
▪ The Dowd Y is planning a $20 million makeover.
▪ Crescent Communities and Terwilliger Pappas are building dueling apartments a few blocks down, totaling nearly 500 units.
▪ CitiSculpt is building an office building at W. Morehead and I-77.
▪ Trinity Capital is planning a 14-story office tower at Morehead and Tryon streets, and is seeking an anchor tenant before starting construction.