While Crescent Communities’ 27-story Tryon Place and Portman Holdings’ 19-story 615 South College office towers have been getting a lot of attention as both prepare to break ground, don’t forget there’s another office tower planned blocks away: 1000 South Tryon.
Announced in October, Trinity Capital and Honey Partners are planning a 14-story office tower at Tryon and Morehead Streets. The company said it would wait to sign an anchor tenant, then start construction with a 15-month schedule.
Now, the planned office tower has a website of its own: 1000southtryon.com. You can check it out for renderings, floor plans and more information about the building and amenities. Trinity also sent out marketing materials this week to prospective tenants: “Now Pre-Leasing to Early Adopters and Visionaries ... Are you ready to be part of the next big thing?”
Here are some quick facts about the building:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
▪ 14 stories, 300,000 square feet, with floor-to-ceiling glass.
▪ A 900-space, 10-floor deck with free parking.
▪ About 30 multifamily units would be included adjacent to the parking deck facing Morehead Street, according to a site plan.
▪ Lease rate of $30/square foot.
▪ The building will include a fitness center, and retail on the first floor.
So what do you think: Is the boom in uptown/South End office towers cresting, or do we have more room to grow after this round of projects?