Third Ward is about to get another tower crane: The 300 South Tryon office tower is getting ready to erect one at the construction site.
Third Street will be closed between Church and Tryon streets from 9 a.m. Friday until 7 p.m. Sunday in order for workers to put up the crane. That will add to cranes currently up at the Ascent apartments, also on Third Street, and the Mint Museum apartments.
And there’s now a camera mounted across from 300 South Tryon for you to follow construction on the project live. Check out the camera here. You can also see a time lapse of the whole construction process so far (watching them excavate the foundation is a bit hypnotic).
Here are the details on 300 South Tryon:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
▪ Height: 25 stories
▪ Anchor tenant: Babson Capital Management
▪ Office space: 630,000 square feet
▪ Gym: 10,000-square-foot fitness center
▪ Retail: Will include a two-story, upscale restaurant, coffee shop and tavern-style restaurant.
▪ Parking: Four underground levels with 408 spaces
▪ Hotel on site: Planned upscale, 208-room hotel, brand not announced yet.
▪ Projected opening: 2017