The Ballantyne Breakfast Club’s annual priorities meeting is set for Saturday, Feb. 13, and growth will be a major topic as the region continues to deal with congestion and traffic.
The free meeting will feature representatives from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School Board, Charlotte City Council and both the N.C. Department of Transportation and the Charlotte Department of Transportation. Residents will have the chance to ask questions and learn more about the region’s plans for growth at the town-hall format event, with department managers and other representatives available at tables around the ballroom.
The Ballantyne Breakfast Club and the Ballantyne chapter of the Charlotte Chamber are hosting the event, 9-11 a.m. at the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge. No RSVP is required.
Here’s the official description of the event:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
“Its purpose is to provide the public an opportunity to meet one on one with a wide range of elected representatives, department managers, services providers and others who add value to our city. Invited to attend / or have confirmed are:
▪ Elected Representatives from the State, County, City & Charlotte School Board including Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
▪ Charlotte City Manager and Mecklenburg County Manager
▪ Representatives from the CMPD, CFD & Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Department
▪ Representatives from CDOT, NCDOT and CATS
▪ Representatives from the Charlotte Planning Department, Budget Department and Water Department
▪ Representatives from the Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department
▪ Representatives from the CRVA, CMS, Center City Partners, YMCA, Chamber of Commerce, NAACP, Wingate University, CPCC and UNCC
▪ Representatives from Ballantyne Corporate Park, Waverly and Rea Farms.
“There will be tables arranged throughout the Ballantyne Ballroom for the above representatives where you can meet them to learn about their priorities and to share your input with them. We recommend arriving about 8:30 so you have time to enjoy the free refreshments provided by our host, the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge.”