The Charlotte Housing Authority is building a new apartment building for low-income senior citizens at Park and Marsh roads.
I’ve gotten three questions about this development in the past week, so people are definitely noticing that construction is underway by Horizon Development Properties, a CHA subsidiary. The site is adjacent to Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School.
Here are the details on the project:
▪ Totals 92 one-bedroom units.
▪ Will be restricted to people 55 and older making less than 60 percent of the area’s median income.
▪ Site is 2.2 acres, acquired by Horizon in 2010 for $1.5 million.
▪ Cost totals $15.7 million, with funding from federal low-income tax credits.
▪ Amenities will include balconies, garden plots and a fitness center.