The small forest of tower cranes in Charlotte is getting a new addition: 500 East Morehead, an office building under construction just outside of uptown.
The building, by Beacon Partners, is adjacent to the Dowd Y. The foundations for a blue tower crane are in place, and you’ll be able to watch it rise over the Internet via construction camera (If you’re into that sort of thing). Here’s a link, with a time lapse available of construction up until now.
Here are the main numbers for 500 East Morehead:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Floors: Seven
▪ Total square feet: 180,000
▪ Ground floor retail: 15,000 square feet, including a coffee shop, a “casual lunch spot and upscale restaurant.”
▪ Rooftop terrace: 900 square feet
▪ Parking spaces in attached deck: 640
▪ Expected completion: 2017