The 25 year-old Sam’s Club store near Carolina Place Mall in Pineville has kicked off a major renovation that is expected to wrap up before the holiday shopping season.
During construction, the wholesale store will remain open, and there is expected to be little to no disruption to customers, according to a statement from the warehouse club this week. Construction began last week.
The Sam’s Club in Pineville first opened in 1992, the company said. Owned by Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, is the No. 6 grocer in the Charlotte area by market share, according to sales-tracking firm Chain Store Guide. Sam’s Club and its closest competitor, Costco, have been gradually losing market share in the Charlotte area over the years, however.
Here are some of the new features the store is getting:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ A new fresh fish and meat area with fresh-rolled sushi, a wider meat selection and seafood delivered from boats to the club within 48 hours
▪ An expanded wellness area that will have an optical center and a private health services room for immunizations, health screenings and more
▪ An upgraded café area with self-order kiosks and charging stations, among other amenities
▪ New walk-in coolers for produce and dairy items
▪ An improved pickup service with added drive-thru lanes and mobile check-in