Charlotte’s bracing for up to several inches of snow on Wednesday, and several area retailers have opted to close.
Grocery stores like Harris Teeter, Publix, Food Lion and Lidl are open today. Malls including SouthPark and Carolina Place are all open, although mall representatives advise shoppers to call specific stores ahead of time to make sure they are open.
Other stores that are open during normal business hours Wednesday include Amelie’s, NoDa Company Store, Common Market, Good Bottle Co. and Cuplux. Not Just Coffee is now open after a short delay this morning. Most area breweries seem to be operating normal business hours.
Several restaurants/bars are closed today, including VBGB, 8.2.0, Zeppelin and Golden Cow Creamery. But for those of you off work today, some establishments are extending their hours: Hoppin’, the new self-pour craft beer spot in South End, opened early (11 a.m.), as did Legion Brewing (noon.)
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Below is a running list of the stores that are closed or operating irregular hours in the Charlotte area today. Have another you’d like to add? Email email@example.com.
▪ All Mecklenburg County ABC stores (ABC stores in Mooresville, Statesville and Troutman are open)
▪ All Gastonia and Dallas ABC stores
▪ Total Wine (closed at 2 p.m.)
▪ The Wine Shop Dilworth
▪ Northlake Mall
▪ Charlotte Premium Outlets
▪ Concord Mills
▪ Concord Mills opens at noon (2-hour delay)
▪ Reid’s Fine Foods at SouthPark (Selwyn Avenue store is open until 4 p.m.)
▪ Cabarrus Brewing Co.
▪ Bold Missy Brewery
▪ Discovery Place museums (Discovery Place Science, Discovery Place Nature, Discovery Place Kids-Huntersville and Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham)