Bojangles’ will open a restaurant at the UNC Charlotte campus Thursday, a bit later than anticipated.
A university spokeswoman said construction has delayed the opening, which was supposed to happen Tuesday. The new restaurant, owned by Charlotte-based Compass Group, will be in the university’s student union. This will be Bojangles’ 33rd Charlotte location.
The on-campus Bojangles’ will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Students can pay for meals using their Optional Dining Account (ODA) at the new restaurant, in addition to cash, debit or credit.
The Charlotte-based chicken-and-biscuits chain will host a grand opening starting at 8 a.m. Thursday.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
Here are the grand opening events:
▪ Free Bo-Berry Biscuit with any purchase Thursday.
▪ Free regular Legendary Iced Tea with a souvenir cup for all faculty and staff on Thursday from 2 until 5 p.m. Thursday.
▪ Special appearance by Norm the Niner and Bojangles’ mascot “Big Bo,” as well as corn hole games for customers, Thursday.
▪ Coupons and Bojangles’ merchandise giveaways throughout opening week (Aug. 24-28).
▪ Free Bojangles’ T-shirt to the 49th customer every day during opening week.