Charlotte’s annual Southern Christmas Show will run Nov. 11-22 at The Park Expo and Conference Center.
The show features over 400 merchants, as well as holiday-related entertainment and food vendors. Starting Oct. 22, discounted tickets will be available at participating Harris Teeter stores for $9.50 for customers with VIC cards.
The show’s theme, Christmas Wonders, intends to capture the “excitement, anticipation and sense of joy” of the holidays, said David Zimmerman, president of Southern Shows, which has presented the event every year since 1968.
“Our mission is to always create something new for show guests to enjoy, while making sure the familiar sights, sounds and experiences they expect, and look forward to, are still there for them,” Zimmerman said in a statement this week.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
A big draw of the show is tradition, says Zimmerman, estimating that nearly one-quarter of the show’s visitors last year had attended the show for more than a decade.
The show will feature an array of festive decorations including a big wreath inside which guests can pose for photos, large music boxes playing Christmas songs at its entrances, and holiday scenes including a miniature snow-filled village and model train room.
Here are additional details of this year’s show:
▪ Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday-Tuesday; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday.
▪ Preview night: 5:30-9:30 p.m. Nov. 10.
▪ Preview night tickets: $18 in advance for adults, $22 at the door; $3 for ages 6-12; free for kids under 6 with paying adult. Tickets available by calling 704-376-6594.
▪ Individual tickets: $12 at the door, $10 in advance for adults; $3 for ages 6-12, free for kids under 6 with paying adult.
▪ Group tickets: $9.50 for 20 or more. Available only in advance.
▪ Advantage tickets: available online at www.SouthernChristmasShow.com.
The Charlotte Observer is a sponsor of the Southern Christmas Show.