If you are thinking about starting a small business or have recently taken the plunge, come to the ShopTalk Small Business Conference on Jan. 24. Hosted by The Charlotte Observer’s ShopTalk and sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, this conference will feature:
• Four sessions where you can go deep into the issues: Marketing Mysteries Unveiled; Legal Land Mines to Avoid; Smart Tech Solutions and How to Generate Business Leads.
• Keynote address delivered by Julie Haack of Donald Haack Diamonds & Fine Gems.
• Lunch chat with Sam Batt of TCBY: 10 Human Resources Disasters of Small Businesses.
In addition, we’ll pack the atrium with resources available to have one-on-one conversations with attendees. Representatives will be from:
• Small Business Association
• Charlotte Chamber
• Entrepreneur’s Source
• Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library
• Professional Communications
When: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (doors open at 8 a.m.), Saturday, Jan. 24.
Where: The Harris Conference Center, 3216 CPCC Harris Campus Drive (near Charlotte Douglas International Airport).
For Whom: Entrepreneurs thinking about starting a small business or in the beginning stages of starting one.
Cost: $50 registration pays for conference sessions, breakfast and lunch, ShopTalk bag and entry into iPad Mini drawing. Only 175 spots.