Local

Monroe man dies of injuries suffered in house fire

A 75-year-old Monroe man has died of injuries he suffered in a house fire last Friday.

James Faglier died Wednesday at Wake Forest Baptist Health Burn Center in Winston Salem, Monroe officials said Friday.

At 1:37 p.m., Faglier called 911 to report the fire. He said he was alone and smoking when the oxygen tank he was using ignited.

Firefighters encountered heavy smoke but found Faglier and got him out of the home. Faglier lived in the 4300 block of Chatterleigh Drive in the Hamilton Place subdivision, off North Rocky River Road.

Flaglier was treated outside the home and placed in an ambulance when he went into cardiac arrest. Emergency workers resuscitated and stabilized him and took him to Carolinas HealthCare System Union. He was later taken to the Burn Center.

Joe Marusak: 704-358-5067, @jmarusak

  Comments