Firefighters quickly controlled a fire that caused $35,000 in damage to Charlotte Cafe in the Park Road Shopping Center early Wednesday.
The fire started in the restaurant’s hood ventilation system, Capt. Dennis Gist of the Charlotte Fire Department said.
Firefighters responded to the shopping center at about 3:15 a.m. and saw smoking coming from the restaurant, fire Capt. Jackie Gilmore said.
Forty-two firefighters controlled the fire in 15 minutes, Gilmore said. No injuries were reported.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.