Local

Fire that damaged Charlotte storage building ruled accidental

Fire damaged a storage building at American Store and Lock on North Wendover Road near Monroe Road Friday morning.
Fire damaged a storage building at American Store and Lock on North Wendover Road near Monroe Road Friday morning. dhinshaw@charlotteobserver.com

An industrial lawn mower sparked a fire that caused $30,000 damage to a storage building at American Store and Lock on North Wendover Road Friday morning, fire officials said.

The fire was ruled an accident, Capt. Jackie Gilmore of the Charlotte Fire Department said.

The 1200 block of North Wendover near Monroe Road was closed temporarily as firefighters responded to the fire shortly after 7 a.m.

Twenty-five firefighters controlled the fire in 12 minutes, Gilmore said. No one was injured.

Joe Marusak, Davie Hinshaw

  Comments