Local

Electrical wiring malfunction caused Dilworth apartment complex blaze

An electrical wiring malfunction caused the fire that forced 15 people to evacuate a Dilworth apartment complex early Tuesday, according to the Charlotte Fire Department
An electrical wiring malfunction caused the fire that forced 15 people to evacuate a Dilworth apartment complex early Tuesday, according to the Charlotte Fire Department Charlotte Fire Department

An electrical wiring malfunction caused the fire that forced 15 people to evacuate a Dilworth apartment complex early Tuesday, according to the Charlotte Fire Department.

Everyone safely got out of the complex in the 2100 block of Kirkwood Avenue, off Park Road, fire officials said.

The fire caused about $250,000 in damage, said Capt. Dennis Gist of the Charlotte Fire Department.

At least 50 firefighters controlled the blaze in about 50 minutes. The American Red Cross helped people with housing and other needs.

Joe Marusak: 704-358-5067, @jmarusak

  Comments