For the first time this season, Charlotte could reach or surpass 90 degrees over the weekend.
This week’s sultry weather may have seemed like we already hit 90, but highs remained in the high 80s.
Friday is forecast to reach 89 and Saturday 91. The normal high is 83.
The record high for June 3 is 99 degrees, set in 1951.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Highs are expected to dip back down to 85 Sunday, 86 Monday, 85 Tuesday, 82 Wednesday and 83 Thursday, according to the latest National Weather Service forecast.
Friday afternoon has a slight chance of thunderstorms, Saturday a 40 percent chance and Sunday a 60 percent chance. Otherwise, skies should remain partly to mostly sunny.