There are no collisions on Charlotte-area interstate highways, but congestion is causing plenty of problems for motorists Thursday morning.
Shortly before 9 a.m., traffic was moving at a crawl on northbound Interstate 77 and on both sides of I-485 in southern Mecklenburg County. Traffic also was very slow on inbound Johnston Road, especially around Ballantyne Commons Parkway and I-485.
At 8:55 a.m., here were the main problems in the area:
• Congestion on I-485 outer loop, between I-77 and Johnston Road.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Congestion on I-485 inner loop, between Providence Road at N.C. 51.
• Congestion on northbound (inbound) Johnston Road.
• Congestion on northbound East W.T. Harris Boulevard, especially between Sharon Amity Road and Grier Road.
• Congestion on southbound I-77, between Exit 30 (Davidson) and Exit 23 (Gilead Road) in Huntersville.
• Collision on Tyvola Road at the ramp to southbound I-77. Moderate delays.
• Collision on Arrowood Road at South Tryon Street. Heavy delays.
• Disabled vehicle on the ramp from inbound East Indepenrdence Boulevard to the John Belk Freeway. Minor delays.