Congestion continues to clog major routes around Charlotte Thursday morning, and a lot of accidents are being reported, too.
And just a reminder that southbound (inbound) lanes of North Tryon Street over Mallard Creek are now closed for about seven months, so crews can replace the bridge.
Until the new southbound bridge is completed in May, inbound traffic will be detoured on Mallard Creek Church Road, Interstate 85 and Harris Boulevard back to North Tryon.
As of 9:45 a.m., here is what’s been reported as a problem:
• Accident at East W.T. Harris Boulevard at North Tryon Street.
• Accident at Fairview and Sharon roads.
• Accident at Remount Road and West Boulevard.
• Accident in the 2400 block of West Sugar Creek Road.
• Accident at West Boulevard at Airport Drive.
• Accident at West W.T. Harris Boulevard and McCullough Drive.
• Accident at West W.T. Harris Boulevard near I-77 North.
• Congestion on U.S. 74 westbound between N.C. 27/N.C. 24/Albemarle Road and Briar Creek Road/Television Lane.
• Congestion on U.S. 74 westbound between I-485 and Matthews Mint Hill Road.
• Accident at Sharon Road and Runnymede Lane.
• Accident at Park Road and Selwyn Avenue.
• Accident in Cabarrus County on Odell School Road north of N.C. 73
• Malfunctioning traffic light at Providence and Johnston roads.
• Accident in Fort Mill, S.C., on S.C. 160 at Hensley Road west of U.S. 521.