The Thursday morning commute has multiple problem spots, and congestion remains on the interstates around Charlotte.
Drivers also should keep in mind that part of South Mint Street is still closed near Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte because of a Panthers-related event.
South Mint Street is closed until 6 a.m. Friday between Morehead and Graham streets. A festival is planned from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in front of the stadium, where the Panthers and the New Orleans Saints will play at 8:30 p.m.
Also on Thursday, a tailgate party is planned from 4 to 8 p.m. on Levine Avenue of the Arts. That road will be closed between Tryon and Church streets for the party.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
As of 9:20 a.m., here are the trouble spots:
• Accident at East Stonewall Street at Brevard Street.
• Accident at East John Belk Freeway and East Third Street.
• Accident on Monroe Road near Briar Creek.
• Accident at Interstate 485 and Rea Road.
• Disabled vehicle on East Brookshire Freeway at North Davidson Street.
• Accident with injury in the 5600 block of Pineville-Matthews Road.
• Accident at Sunset Road at I-77 South.
• Congestion on I-77 South between U.S. 21, exit 28, and Gilead Road, exit 23.
• Congestion on I-77 North between I-485, exit 2, and Arrowood Road, exit 3.
• Westbound lanes on Steele Creek Road were closed after a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle and injured near South Tryon Street. No word yet when the road will reopen.
• Because of road work, North Tryon Street is down to one lane in each direction around 24th Street.