No injuries were reported in three house fires Thursday and Friday, Charlotte fire officials said.
A turkey fryer started a fire in a home in the 100 block of Cromer Street in northwest Charlotte on Thursday, officials said. It took 23 firefighters to control the blaze, Observer news partner WBTV reported.
The fire started outside the home, and the back of the house was badly damaged, the station reported.
Twenty-three firefighters also were needed to knock down a fire in the 8000 block of Lawyers Road in east Charlotte late Thursday, officials said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
A candle left burning and unattended in a bedroom caused the fire, Charlotte Fire Department spokesman Rob Brisley said.
The fire started shortly before 11 p.m. and was brought under control in 10 minutes, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded to another house fire on Friday morning, on Brookdale Avenue off South Boulevard in south Charlotte.
A cooking appliance left burning and unattended too close to the rear of the home was to blame, Brisley said.
Twenty-seven firefighters brought the fire under control in an hour, he said.