Local

No injuries in SW Charlotte apartment fire

No injuries were reported Tuesday evening when fire damaged an apartment building in southwest Charlotte, fire officials said.

The blaze was reported about 10 p.m. at the Oak Park apartments, in the 8600 block of Nations Ford Road.

Charlotte fire officials said the blaze was put out quickly, but not before it caused $65,000 damage. At least four units were affected by the fire.

Charlotte fire Capt. Rob Brisley said the fire was caused by food left cooking unattended on a stove in one apartment unit. The American Red Cross provided help for 20 residents displaced by the fire.

“The No. 1 cause of residential fires in Charlotte continues to be food left cooking on the stove,” Brisley said.

  Comments