Two accidents on East Independence Boulevard are causing major problems for commuters Tuesday morning, with stop-and-go traffic from Sharon Amity Road to near uptown.
There were a pair of two-vehicle collisions on the left side of Independence – one near Briar Creek Road, the other near Hawthorne Avenue. In both cases, vehicles were out of the travel lanes, but traffic was slow.
And at 8:25 a.m., a disabled vehicle was reported on East Independence at East W.T. Harris Boulevard.
At 9 a.m., here’s what else is happening on Charlotte-area roads:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Accident on West Arrowood Road at the I-485 ramp.
• Disabled vehicle on Sharon Road West at Oberbeck Lane.
• Accident on Randolph Road at Beckham Court.
• Accident on Monroe Road at Timber Springs Drive, north of Sardis Road.
• Congestion on Interstate 77 North between I-485, Exit 2, and Nations Ford Road, Exit 4.
• Blockage on the road at Statesville Road and Burch Drive.
• Accident in the 9200 block of South Boulevard.
• Stop-and-go traffic on I-485 outer loop between I-85, Exit 10, and Wilkinson Boulevard, Exit 9, because of an accident.
• Accident on Statesville Avenue at the I-85 N. ramp.
• Accident on Sharon Road West at Westinghouse Boulevard.
• Accident on U.S. 21/Anderson Road east of I-77 in Rock Hill.
• Accident in the 3000 block of North Tryon Street near Atanda Avenue.