Congestion remains, as do a number of accidents, Wednesday morning.
At about 9:25 a.m., the Charlotte Fire Department said there was a collision with entrapment at East Ninth Street and College Street. A dozen firefighters worked to free the victim in about 10 minutes, and the patient was taken to an area trauma center.
Expect delays in the area of the accident.
And a bad wreck in Mint Hill early Wednesday clogged up that area. A two-car, head-on collision at Idlewild and Stallings roads sent two people to Carolinas Medical Center with potentially life-threatening injuries, Medic spokesman Lester Oliva said.
Medic dispatched the Mint Hill and Idlewild fire departments to the scene at 5:57 a.m., Oliva said.
At 9:55 a.m., here’s what else is happening on Charlotte-area roads:
• Accident in the 1000 block of Tyvola Road.
• Malfunctioning traffic light at East Third and South Caldwell streets.
• Accident on Sunset Road at the Interstate 77 interchange.
• Accident on East W.T. Harris Boulevard at East McCullough Drive.
• Disabled vehicle on Rocky River Road at I-485 North.
• Accident on Colony Road at Fairview Road.
• Accident on W. Mallard Creek Church Road blocking the right lane west of I-85.
• Accident in the 3700 block of N. Sharon Amity Road.
• Congestion on I-85 North between N.C. 7, Exit 23, and Exit 26.
• Congestion on I-77 North between N.C. 73, Exit 25, and Griffith Street, Exit 30.
• Accident on N. Graham Street in uptown Charlotte near W. Fifth Street west of U.S. 29.
• Accident in the 3400 block of Freedom Drive.
• Accident on W. Arrowood Road at I-77 North.
• Accident on W. Arrowood Road at Sandy Porter Road.
• Accident in the 13100 block of S. Tryon Street.
• Road blockage on Albemarle Road at N. Sharon Amity Road.
• Congestion on I-77 North between Arrowood Road, Exit 3, and Nations Ford Road, Exit 4.
• Accident with injury on Rocky River Road in Cabarrus County at Lower Rocky River Road near Peach Orchard Road.
• Accident on Idlewild Road in Matthews near I-485.
• Hit-and-run on S. Tryon Street at Arrowood Road.
• Accident on Edgewood Road in Gaston County south of I-85.