Congestion remains, as do a number of accidents, Wednesday morning.
At about 9:25 a.m., the Charlotte Fire Department said there was a collision with entrapment at East Ninth Street and College Street. A dozen firefighters worked to free the victim in about 10 minutes, and the patient was taken to an area trauma center.
Expect delays in the area of the accident.
And a bad wreck in Mint Hill early Wednesday clogged up that area. A two-car, head-on collision at Idlewild and Stallings roads sent two people to Carolinas Medical Center with potentially life-threatening injuries, Medic spokesman Lester Oliva said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
Medic dispatched the Mint Hill and Idlewild fire departments to the scene at 5:57 a.m., Oliva said.
At 9:55 a.m., here’s what else is happening on Charlotte-area roads:
• Accident in the 1000 block of Tyvola Road.
• Malfunctioning traffic light at East Third and South Caldwell streets.
• Accident on Sunset Road at the Interstate 77 interchange.
• Accident on East W.T. Harris Boulevard at East McCullough Drive.
• Disabled vehicle on Rocky River Road at I-485 North.
• Accident on Colony Road at Fairview Road.
• Accident on W. Mallard Creek Church Road blocking the right lane west of I-85.
• Accident in the 3700 block of N. Sharon Amity Road.
• Congestion on I-85 North between N.C. 7, Exit 23, and Exit 26.
• Congestion on I-77 North between N.C. 73, Exit 25, and Griffith Street, Exit 30.
• Accident on N. Graham Street in uptown Charlotte near W. Fifth Street west of U.S. 29.
• Accident in the 3400 block of Freedom Drive.
• Accident on W. Arrowood Road at I-77 North.
• Accident on W. Arrowood Road at Sandy Porter Road.
• Accident in the 13100 block of S. Tryon Street.
• Road blockage on Albemarle Road at N. Sharon Amity Road.
• Congestion on I-77 North between Arrowood Road, Exit 3, and Nations Ford Road, Exit 4.
• Accident with injury on Rocky River Road in Cabarrus County at Lower Rocky River Road near Peach Orchard Road.
• Accident on Idlewild Road in Matthews near I-485.
• Hit-and-run on S. Tryon Street at Arrowood Road.
• Accident on Edgewood Road in Gaston County south of I-85.