An early morning house fire in southwest Charlotte displaced four adults and two children Friday, though no injuries were reported, officials said.
The fire took place at a home in the 600 block of West Cama Street, near South Tryon Street and Clanton Road, just after 2 a.m., according to Charlotte Fire Department.
It took 23 firefighters less than 15 minutes to get the flames under control at the single-family home, officials said. The fire was accidental, caused by a kerosene heater being too close to combustible material, according to the fire department.
Officials with the American Red Cross said its Volunteer Disaster Reaction Team responded and will provide food, shelter, clothing and other items as needed.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
Property damage is estimated to be around $10,000, fire officials said.