Ten people were displaced from their homes after a fire at an apartment in Hickory tore through units on Sunday.
Hickory firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Fox Ridge Apartments on 1445 Fourth St. Drive NW at about 6 p.m., according to a department news release. When they arrived, they found smoke and fire burning through the roof.
Four engines, one ladder and a rescue unit were sent to the blaze and worked to evacuate residents.
No injuries were reported, and officials managed to subdue the blaze within 30 minutes. The bulk of the damage was reported in three apartments.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Officials determined that the fire started in a chimney.