A three-vehicle accident Thursday morning in the 4600 block of North Graham Street has clogged traffic in the area near Trailer Drive and Interstate 85.
The road had previously been closed. Two people were taken to Carolinas Medical Center-University with minor injuries, Medic said.
Also, one lane of I-85 North is blocked near Little Rock Road, Exit 32, because of an accident. Officials expect the lane to be blocked until about 9:20 a.m.
And a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools bus with no students on board was involved in an accident Thursday morning, but no one was injured, according to CMS. Bus No. 1700 was assigned to Berryhill School. The accident happened on Wilkinson Boulevard near I-485, reported WBTV, the Observer’s news partner.
Elsewhere, congestion is still building in the Charlotte area during Thursday morning’s commute.
Traffic was increasing on I-77 South in the Lake Norman area. That includes congestion between Langtree Road and the Mecklenburg-Iredell County line, and U.S. 21, Exit 28, and Gilead Road, Exit 23.
There’s a broken water service line in west Charlotte on Camp Greene Street at Freedom Drive, west of U.S. 29/West Morehead Street.
And a dense fog advisory is in place until 10 a.m. for Stanly and Anson counties. There’s also a lot of fog around Mecklenburg County.
As of 8:50 a.m., here is what else is going on:
• Disabled vehicle on E. John Belk Freeway at S. Caldwell Street.
• Disabled vehicle on S. Tryon Street at West Boulevard.
• Malfunctioning traffic lights at Steele Creek Road and North Tryon Street, and at East Seventh Street at Pecan Avenue.
• Accident in the 7800 block of Wilkinson Boulevard.
• Accident on Rozelles Ferry Road south of Hovis Road.
• • Accident in the 9300 block of University City Boulevard.
• Disabled vehicle on Sharon Road at Queens Road in Myers Park.
• Accident on Charlottetowne Avenue at Kenilworth Avenue.
• Accident on University City Boulevard at North Tryon Street.
• Accident on West Arrowood Road at the I-485 ramp.
• • Accident on Wilkinson Boulevard at Joyeland Circle.
• • Accident on East Independence Boulevard at Idlewild Road.
• Accident on East Independence Boulevard at East W.T. Harris Boulevard.
• • Congestion on I-77 North between U.S. 21/Carowinds Boulevard, Exit 90, and I-277/U.S. 74, Exit 9.
• Disabled vehicle on East Independence Boulevard at North Wendover Road.
• Accident in the Steele Creek area on South Tryon Street at General Drive.
• Disabled vehicle on West Sugar Creek Road at Rolling Hill Drive.