Congestion and accidents remain around the Charlotte area Friday
An accident on U.S. 74 east of Marshville in Union County has two of four lanes closed near the Anson County line. A tractor-trailer containing chickens overturned on the road, according to The Observer’s news partner, WBTV. There were no serious injuries, the station reported.
Problems are expected to remain in the area until around noon.
And in Iredell County, one lane of Interstate 40 eastbound is closed because of an accident blocked the left lane near U.S. 21, Exit 151. There is heavy congestion reported in the area.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
At 10 a.m., here is what else was going on:
• Accident on E. Fifth Street at N. College Street in uptown Charlotte.
• Malfunctioning traffic light in the 7100 block of Idlewild Road.
• Accident with injury on West Boulevard at Leake Street.
• Accident with injury at W. Brookshire Freeway at N. Graham Street.
• Accident on Wilkinson Boulevard at Remount Road.
• Accident on W. Morehead Street at Freedom Drive.
• Disabled vehicle on Lawyers Road at E. W.T. Harris Boulevard.
• Accident on E. Woodlawn Road at Park Road.
• Accident on Beatties Ford Road at French Street.
• Accident on Nations Ford Road at I-77 N. in the Steele Creek area.
• Accident on N.C. 24 at N.C. 27.
• Disabled vehicle on S. Wendover Road at Providence Road.
• Road blockage in the 8300 block of Idelwild Road at New Hampshire Drive.
• Congestion on I-77 N. between Arrowood Road, Exit 3, and Nations Ford Road, Exit 4.
• Congestion on I-77 S. between N.C. 73, Exit 25, and Gilead Road, Exit 23.
• Accident on Harrisburg Road at Old Meadow Road.
• Accident on Tom Hunter Road at Elgywood Lane.
• Accident on Forest Point Boulevard at Nations Ford Road.
• Congestion on S.C. 5 westbound between U.S. 21/S. Anderson Road and I-77 in the Rock Hill area.
• Accident with injury in the 6600 block of Latherton Lane in the Steele Creek area.
• Accident on Griffin Street at Jetton Street in the Davidson area.