The Cornelius Youth Orchestras and the Lake Norman High School Women’s Ensemble Choir will present a Christmas concert at Cornelius Town Hall.
The whole family is welcome to this free event 7 p.m. Dec. 16. Refreshments will be served after the concert.
Also, Cornelius Youth Orchestras is recruiting musicians from first through 12th grades for its spring 2015 orchestral music program. For information about Cornelius Youth Orchestras, contact Nanette Haraden, program director at 704-576-7270 or visit www.corneliusyouthorchestras.com.
Go to Cornelius.org, “Recycling and Yard Waste,” and click on the link to take an eight-question survey on the town’s handling of recycling and yard waste services.
Neighborhood Park Development
The Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture Department will hold a community meeting 6-8 p.m. Dec. 18 to discuss improving the existing field, court, playground and other facilities at the school. The public is invited to this meeting at the Cornelius Elementary School media center to provide feedback. For information, email email@example.com call 704-892-6031 ext. 160.
Movies in Cornelius
Studio-C Cinema, at the Cornelius Arts Center, announced the following films coming up. For all movies, the doors open at 6:15 p.m. for a complementary wine-and-cheese reception and for browsing the art gallery. Movies are usually shown Saturday and Sunday nights, and begin at 7 p.m. Informal discussions follow the films.
• Jan. 10 and 11, “Point and Shoot,” a documentary from two-time Oscar nominee Marshall Curry.
• Jan. 24 and 25, the Beatles in “A Hard Day’s Night,” the 50th anniversary digital restoration in 5.1 surround sound.
• Feb. 7 and 9, “Polyester,” a John Waters comedy in “odorama.”
• Feb. 21 and 22, “Finding Fela,” an award-winning documentary from Oscar winner Alex Gibney.
• March 12, 13 and 14, a festival of contemporary Irish films.