An east Charlotte apartment complex caught fire Thursday morning, forcing tenants to evacuate.
The Charlotte Fire Department was called to the fire at the Runaway Bay Apartments on Runaway Bay Drive, just off Monroe Road.
Firefighters say the fire sparked in a kitchen. Crews extinguished the fire by 6:50 a.m.
There’s no word on damages.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
No injuries were reported, but EMS went to the scene as precaution.
WBTV is the Observer’s news partner.