The man who survived a triple shooting last July in Concord has been charged with insurance fraud, state officials say.
Timothy Crumitie, 48, of Concord, was charged Saturday with two counts of insurance fraud, according to the N.C. Department of Insurance. He was jailed under $75,000 bond.
Department of Insurance investigators allege that Crumitie filed fraudulent physician statement forms, in connection with a disability claim related to last year’s shootings.
Crumitie’s wife, Sharon, and James Blanks were killed at the Crumities’ home. Timothy Crumitie was wounded. Police said that Crumitie told them that Blanks shot both him and his wife. Steve Lyttle
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer