Crime & Courts

Charlotte man charged in string of robberies, beatings

A 21-year-old man with a history of arrests was chased down by police Saturday and charged in connection with a series of crimes over a two-week period.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police detectives said the suspect, Thomas DeMiseo Alexander, robbed and beat victims across the city during the first half of May.

Investigators accused Alexander of beating several robbery victims, causing at least one woman to be hospitalized.

Alexander was captured by police after an officer spotted a silver Honda Civic that had been carjacked in the first of the robberies and then used in the series of crimes afterward, authorities said. Alexander was driving the car and refused to stop for officers, police said.

That set off a pursuit in northwest Charlotte, police said. According to investigators, Alexander jumped and ran from the car and dropped a handgun along the way. The gun was recovered, police said.

Police said Alexander was charged with six counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon; five counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon; two counts each of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and assault by pointing a gun; and one count each of conspiracy to commit armed robbery, attempted armed robbery, breaking and entering, breaking and entering a motor vehicle and possession of stolen property.

He also was charged with felony failure to heed blue lights and siren, speeding, reckless driving, and resisting a public officer.

Investigators allege Alexander was involved in these crimes:













Alexander’s record shows felony arrests in November 2011 and August 2012 for burglary, extortion, breaking and entering, and larceny.

  Comments