No one was injured in a fire at a Gastonia home Wednesday night, authorities said.
The Gastonia Fire Department said it received a call about the blaze at 7:18 p.m. for a one-story home in the 2700 block of Rabbit Ridge Drive.
It took 10 minutes to put out the fire, according to the fire department, which said the fire was started by people cooking on the stove. The home was heavily damaged by smoke, and the residents planned to stay with family in the area.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.