No injuries were reported Saturday morning in a mercury spill in Kannapolis, authorities said.
The incident was reported shortly after 10:15 a.m. at a residence in the 500 block of West Ninth Street, according to Kannapolis fire officials. Authorities said firefighters found a small mercury spill at the residence.
A hazardous materials team was called in, and crew members contained the mercury until a clean-up company arrived.
Mercury is a toxic material that can affect the brain and kidneys and is potentially fatal.