A fire broke out at a University area apartment complex Wednesday night, but no on one was injured in the blaze, the Charlotte Fire Department said.
Heavy fire and smoke was reported shortly after 9 p.m. in the 6300 block of Countryside Drive, fire officials said. It took 23 firefighters about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control at The Towns of University Point.
Eleven people were displaced because of the fire, WBTV, the Observer’s news partner, reported. Officials said the fire started in the kitchen of one unit because of unattended food, the station reported.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.