Members of the Tuesday Morning Breakfast Forum asked how their west Charlotte community could help its schools – and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools provided a list.
The weekly forum regularly brings out elected officials and other community activists and leaders. The group hosted Superintendent Ann Clark this week, and has had school board chairwoman Mary McCray and driver’s education director Connie Sessoms in the past few weeks.
Here’s the list CMS handed out to forum attendees this week. The list covers the area’s three high schools: West Charlotte High, Harding University High and West Mecklenburg High.
▪ School supplies
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ New coats and jackets, especially sizes XL and XXL
▪ Judges for senior exit exams in early May
▪ Proctors for End-of-Course tests in early June
▪ Monetary and in-kind donations for the schools’ greenhouses
▪ Student incentives for the Academic Renaissance Program, which typically include T-shirts, retail discounts and other donated gifts
▪ Motivational speakers
▪ Personal hygiene products
▪ Gift cards for incentives