Latta Arcade celebrates its 100th anniversary! Designed by Charlotte architect, William H. Peeps, the Latta Arcade was built on South Tryon Street, one of the principal commercial thoroughfares in the city, for the Charlotte Consolidated Construction Company. The Four C's, as this real estate company was known, had been started by prominent Charlotte developer and entrepreneur, Edward Dilworth Latta (1851-1925), and other local business leaders in 1890.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.