Snow falling in the Charlotte area is causing headaches for drivers during the Tuesday commute.
The snow is expected to start tapering off in the late morning, with about an inch of accumulation in the area.
Heavy congestion was reported in both directions on Interstate 77 from the Statesville area through Huntersville, as well as along I-40 around Statesville and inbound to Charlotte on East Independence Boulevard.
At 9:30 a.m., here are the problem areas:
▪ Accident on The Plaza at E. 35th Street.
▪ Disabled vehicle in the 7600 block of Steele Creek Road.
▪ Accident on 12th Street at I-277.
▪ Accident on Providence Road at International Drive.
▪ Accident on I-485 ramp at Blair Road.
▪ Accident on N. Church Street at the Tryon-Church connector street.
▪ Disabled vehicle on E. 12th Street at N. Davidson Street.
▪ Accident on I-485 inner at Harrisburg Road.
▪ Accident in the 7400 block of Steele Creek Road.
▪ Accident on Kenilworth Avenue northbound at Scott Avenue.
▪ Accident on W. Sugar Creek Road at Reagan Drive.
▪ Accident in the 4300 block of N. Sharon Amity Road.
▪ Accident in the 900 block of Tyvola Road.
▪ Traffic light malfunction at Hambright Road and Beatties Ford Road.
▪ Accident on I-485 West inner loop at Pineville-Matthews Road.
▪ Accident on N. Sharon Amity Road at Auburndale Road.
▪ Accident on Camp Stewart Road at Rocky River Church Road.
▪ Accident in the 7600 block of Lawyers Road.
▪ Accident on N. Sharon Amity Road at Shamrock Drive.
▪ Accident on E. W.T. Harris Boulevard at Idlewild Road.
▪ Accident on N. Poplar Street at W. Trade Street.
▪ Accident in the 2800 block of E. Independence Boulevard.
▪ Accident on Central Avenue at Westover Street.
▪ Accident on N.C. 73 at Ramah Church Road.
▪ Congestion on I-77 South between I-277/U.S. 74, Exit 9, and Clanton Road, Exit 7.
▪ Congestion on I-85 South between Webb Road, Exit 70, and Dale Earnhardt Boulevard, Exit 60.