Congestion continued to spread around Tyvola Road and Park Road Friday morning because of a partial road closure following an accident.
Tyvola Road is shut down westbound between Park Road and Farm Brook Drive because of an accident near a wastewater treatment plant. A black SUV had overturned and is on the side of the road.
One person was taken to Carolinas Medical Center with minor injuries, Medic said. Eastbound lanes were reopened by 7:25 a.m.
Drivers also should also be wary of patches of black ice that may be on Charlotte-area roads Friday morning.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
In Cabarrus County, an ongoing stand-off with a man barricaded in a home on Green Acres Circle has led authorities to seal off part of busy N.C. 73 between Irish Potato and Walker roads.
And congestion remains on the interstates.
At 9:10 a.m., here are the other problem areas:
▪ Accident on E. Mallard Creek Church Road at N. Tryon Street.
▪ Accident on Steele Creek Road at Hamilton Road.
▪ Accident on Nevin Road at W. Sugar Creek Road.
▪ Accident on Robinson Church Road eastbound east of Harrisburg has closed that part of the road.
▪ Accident on Park Road at Birnen Drive.
▪ Accident in the 2600 block of W. Arrowood Road.
▪ Accident on Sharon Road W. at Oberbeck Lane.
▪ Accident on Eastfield Road at Old Statesville Road.
▪ Accident on Wendover Road at Monroe Road.
▪ Accident on Tom Hunter Road at N. Tryon Street.
▪ Traffic light malfunction at Tyvola and Park roads.
▪ Accident in the 2500 block of West Boulevard.
▪ Accident on Brookshire Drive at Legion Road in the Fort Mill, S.C., area.
▪ Traffic light malfunction in the 2700 block of Tyvola Road.