Greg Brannon’s resume
Position desired: U.S. senator.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Put America’s currency back on the gold standard. “In the Constitution it says it must be backed by gold and silver.”
• Close the Federal Reserve.
• Sell federal land back to the states so each can decide how it could be used by private entrepreneurs for producing oil, gas and coal.
• Let the free markets dictate health care costs.
• Allow citizenship only for immigrants who go through the process legally.
Experience: OB/GYN residency at Los Angeles County/USC Women’s Hospital in 1992; clinical professor at UNC/Wake Area Health Education Center from June 1993-October 1993. Currently self-employed/owner of Brannon OB/GYN in Cary and medical director of two pregnancy support groups, Hand of Hope Pregnancy Support Center in Fuquay-Varina and Gateway in Raleigh.
Affiliations: Tea party activist/speaker since 2009. Founding family at Cary Christian Academy.
Education: Bachelor’s in biological science from the University of Southern California in 1982; medical degree from Chicago Medical School in 1988.
Money raised: $1,179,276 as of Sunday.
References: Endorsed by Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Rand Paul, R-Ky.; FreedomWorks; Tea Party Patriots; Gun Owners of America and National Association for Gun Rights.