While North Carolina’s Democratic candidates for U.S. Senate and governor will share the stage with their presumptive presidential candidate Tuesday, their Republican rivals will be miles away from their candidate.
Democrats Deborah Ross and Roy Cooper will be on stage at the Charlotte Convention Center with President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Both Ross and Cooper skipped Clinton’s visit to Raleigh last month.
But Sen. Richard Burr and Gov. Pat McCrory will be no-shows when Donald Trump headlines a rally in downtown Raleigh Monday night.
Burr will be in Washington.
$20 for 365 Days of Unlimited Digital Access
Last chance to take advantage of our best offer of the year! Act now!
#ReadLocal
“After multiple terror attacks associated with the Islamic State this week, Sen. Burr is attending to his duties in Washington as Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman,” said campaign spokesman Jesse Hunt.
And McCrory will be out-of-state.
“The governor’s office said yesterday that he will be heading out-of-state today for a long-scheduled trip with the First Lady, so he’s unable to attend tonight’s event with Mr. Trump,” said spokesman Ricky Diaz.
Comments